- A US$180 billion industry globally.
- 439 million people worldwide buy a newspaper every day.
- At least 1.4 billion readers a day.
- Global newspaper circulation sales (paid-for titles) up 0.56% in 2005 (up
6.00% over the past 5 years).
- More than 10,000 titles worldwide.
- World's second largest advertising medium (30.2%), exceeding the combined
spend of radio, outdoor, cinema, magazines and the internet.
- More than US$6 billion euros invested in newspaper technology in the past
- Nearly two million employees worldwide.